This booklet offers an outline of the examine paintings on info privateness and privateness bettering applied sciences carried by way of the members of the ARES undertaking. ARES (Advanced examine in privateness an defense, CSD2007-00004) has been some of the most very important study initiatives funded by way of the Spanish executive within the fields of machine safeguard and privateness. it's a part of the now extinct CONSOLIDER INGENIO 2010 software, a hugely aggressive software which aimed to enhance wisdom and open new examine strains between most sensible Spanish examine teams. The undertaking begun in 2007 and should end this 2014. Composed by means of 6 examine teams from 6 assorted associations, it has amassed a massive variety of researchers in the course of its lifetime.
Among the paintings produced through the ARES undertaking, one particular paintings package deal has been with regards to privateness. This books gathers works produced through individuals of the venture regarding information privateness and privateness bettering applied sciences. The offered works not just summarize very important examine carried within the undertaking but in addition function an summary of the state-of-the-art in present learn on facts privateness and privateness improving applied sciences.
Read Online or Download Advanced Research in Data Privacy (Studies in Computational Intelligence, Volume 567) PDF
Similar security books
A One-Stop Reference Containing the main learn issues within the Syngress safety Library
This Syngress Anthology is helping You shield your corporation from Tomorrow's Threats Today
This is the right reference for any IT specialist accountable for retaining their company from the subsequent new release of IT protection threats. This anthology represents the "best of" this year's best Syngress protection books at the Human, Malware, VoIP, equipment driving force, RFID, Phishing, and unsolicited mail threats more likely to be unleashed within the close to destiny. .
* From functional VoIP defense, Thomas Porter, Ph. D. and Director of IT safeguard for the FIFA 2006 global Cup, writes on threats to VoIP communications platforms and makes tips on VoIP security.
* From Phishing uncovered, Lance James, leader know-how Officer of safe technological know-how company, offers the most recent info on phishing and spam.
* From battling spy ware within the firm, Brian Baskin, teacher for the yearly division of safeguard Cyber Crime convention, writes on forensic detection and elimination of spyware.
* additionally from battling spy ware within the company, approximately. com's safety specialist Tony Bradley covers the transformation of spyware.
* From contained in the unsolicited mail Cartel, Spammer-X indicates how unsolicited mail is created and why it really works so well.
* From Securing IM and P2P purposes for the company, Paul Piccard, former supervisor of net safety Systems' worldwide danger Operations middle, covers Skype security.
* additionally from Securing IM and P2P purposes for the company, Craig Edwards, author of the IRC safety software program IRC Defender, discusses worldwide IRC security.
* From RFID safety, Brad "Renderman" Haines, some of the most obvious individuals of the wardriving group, covers tag encoding and tag program attacks.
* additionally from RFID safety, Frank Thornton, proprietor of Blackthorn structures and knowledgeable in instant networks, discusses administration of RFID security.
* From Hack the Stack, safety professional Michael Gregg covers attacking the folks layer.
* Bonus assurance contains particular fabric on equipment driving force assaults by means of Dave Maynor, Senior Researcher at SecureWorks.
* The "best of" this 12 months: Human, Malware, VoIP, machine driving force, RFID, Phishing, and unsolicited mail threats
* entire assurance of forensic detection and elimination of spy ware, the transformation of spy ware, international IRC safeguard, and more
* Covers safe enterprise-wide deployment of most well-liked applied sciences together with Voice Over IP, Pocket computers, shrewdpermanent telephones, and extra
At a time while many observers query the EU’s skill to accomplish integration of any importance, and certainly Europeans themselves look disappointed, Mai’a ok. Davis pass argues that the european has made amazing advances in protection integration, in either its exterior and inner dimensions. furthermore, inner safeguard integration—such as facing terrorism, immigration, cross-border crime, and drug and human trafficking—has made even better development with dismantling sure boundaries that in the past stood on the center of conventional country sovereignty.
This booklet constitutes the refereed complaints of the 1st overseas convention on safety elements in info know-how, High-Performance Computing and Networking held in Haldia, India, in October 2011. The 14 complete papers provided including the abstracts of two invited lectures have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 112 sumbissions.
The ecu Union is continually altering, either within the variety of nations it embraces and in coverage parts the place it performs a big position. the hot millennium has witnessed significant alterations within the EU's scope. On 1 may perhaps 2004, it enlarged to incorporate ten new member states; and the recent ecu structure defines offering electorate with an 'area of freedom, safeguard and justice' as certainly one of its basic goals.
- Mobile Agents and Security
- Network Forensics: Tracking Hackers through Cyberspace
- Security and privacy preserving in social networks
- Security and Trust Management: 9th International Workshop, STM 2013, Egham, UK, September 12-13, 2013. Proceedings
- Information Security and Privacy: 16th Australasian Conference, ACISP 2011, Melbourne, Australia, July 11-13, 2011. Proceedings
Extra info for Advanced Research in Data Privacy (Studies in Computational Intelligence, Volume 567)
An Information Retrieval Approach to Document Sanitization. Chapter 9, Advanced Research on Data Privacy. Springer, Berlin (2014) 48. : On the protection of social networks user’s information. -Based Syst. 49, 134–144 (2013) 49. : Approximating degree sequences with regular graphic sequences, manuscript (2014) 50. : A Summary of k-Degree Anonymous Methods for Privacy-Preserving on Networks. Chapter 13, Advanced Research on Data Privacy. Springer, Berlin (2014) 51. : Data protection for online social networks and p-stability for graphs, manuscript (2014) 52.
See [1, 2] for a detailed description of the classification, and a survey on these areas. See also the following texts and monographies [3–7]. V. org G. cat © Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015 G. Navarro-Arribas and V. 1007/978-3-319-09885-2_3 27 28 V. Torra and G. Navarro-Arribas In this chapter we present the main results of our group in the field of data privacy organized according to the previous classification about whose privacy is being protected. As it will be seen below, most of our research has been focused towards data-driven methods for privacy protection.
Towards knowledge intensive data privacy. Data privacy management and autonomous spontaneous security. Lect. Notes Comput. Sci. 6514, 1–7 (2011) 74. : Towards semantic microaggregation of categorical data for confidential documents. Lect. Notes Comput. Sci. 6408, 266–276 (2010) 75. , Sanchez, D. Semantic anonymisation of categorical datasets. Chapter 7, Advanced Research on Data Privacy. Springer, Berlin (2014) Part II Respondent Privacy: SDC and PPDM A Review of Attribute Disclosure Control Stan Matwin, Jordi Nin, Morvarid Sehatkar and Tomasz Szapiro Abstract Attribute disclosure occurs when the adversary can infer some sensitive information about an individual without identifying individual’s record in the published data set.