By Richard Khoury, Christopher Drummond
This ebook constitutes the refereed court cases of the twenty ninth Canadian convention on man made Intelligence, Canadian AI 2016, held in Victoria, BC, Canada, in May/June 2016. The 12 complete papers and 27 brief papers awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from ninety seven submissions. the focal point of the convention used to be at the following matters: activities and behaviours, audio and visible popularity, common language processing, reasoning and studying, streams and disbursed computing.
Read Online or Download Advances in Artificial Intelligence: 29th Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Canadian AI 2016, Victoria, BC, Canada, May 31 - June 3, 2016. Proceedings PDF
Similar canadian books
George Brown (1818-1880) was once the influential editor of the Toronto Globe, the main robust newspaper in British North the USA. He was once additionally chief of the Liberal get together, arch-rival of John A. Macdonald, and the statesman who held the most important to Confederation at its most crucial degree. This moment quantity strains the sectional clash that introduced political impasse by way of 1864 and makes transparent Brown’s important functionality find a fashion out.
"We think Al Qaeda keeps to have a terrorist infrastructure in Canada, one with documented hyperlinks to the U. S. whereas many border safety features were applied on account that Sep 11, the tremendous expanse of the 4,000-mile-long U. S. northern border, with eighty-six issues of access and diverse unofficial crossings, should offer possibilities for operatives to penetrate U.
This spring, the citizens of Canada's northwest territories may be vote casting in a landmark plebiscite, the results of which could good make sure the life-style of the local humans of the quarter for generations to return. whereas a few representatives of the Tungavik Federation of Nunavut are in favour of the deal, which might proclaim the hot territory of Nunavut, others, Inuit in addition to representatives of Indian teams, argue that its passing may perhaps restrict the facility of the local humans to guard their tradition.
Hillger provides a examine of Michael Ondaatje's aesthetics and his position in the glossy quest for self and the Canadian quest for nationwide id.
- NATO and Peace Support Operations, 1991-1999: Policies and Doctrines (Cass Series on Peacekeeping)
- Native Writers and Canadian Writing
- Stormy Weather: A Novel
- Federalism, Democracy and Health Policy in Canada (Institute of Intergovernmental Relations)
- Between Principle and Practice: Human Rights in North-South Relations
- Broad Is the Way: Stories from Mayerthorpe (Life Writing)
Additional info for Advances in Artificial Intelligence: 29th Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Canadian AI 2016, Victoria, BC, Canada, May 31 - June 3, 2016. Proceedings
Here, we use as many negative signatures as positive ones for each IDUL. In order to avoid the inﬂuence of random selection of data to the classiﬁcation process, we repeat the positive data separation to further carry out the experiment for 3 times. During the training phase, we use Data 1 and RBF kernel to train the classiﬁer model for each IDUL. The best value pair of hyper-parameters (γ, ν) is searched to ﬁnd the best model. In this phase, a 5-fold Cross-Validation2 is used to relieve the Overﬁtting problem.
5. It points out that the Accuracy tends to decrease slightly with the decreasing of the number of signatures (from 197 to 12). However, it appears that the number of signatures has no inﬂuence on the False Positive number (green trend line at the bottom of the ﬁgure). For some signatures, though the Recall value was good for the model training (see Fig. 4), we found that the performance can be poor with low Accuracy value (Fig. 5). For instance, the IDUL 17 showed a quite high Recall value in the training phase, while the obtained Accuracy was quite low in the testing phase.
Khoury and C. ): Canadian AI 2016, LNAI 9673, pp. 15–20, 2016. 1007/978-3-319-34111-8_2 16 T. Reichherzer et al. To provide such capabilities, the technology must acquire contextual information from sensors in the home and reason without intervention or maintenance to make decisions and provide support. The technology must be extensible allowing newly available sensors to be easily integrated into the smart home while not interfering with other, existing components of the system. Furthermore, the system’s reasoning capabilities must be adaptable using machine-learning techniques to be able to change to subtle variations in the behavior patterns of the resident and new emerging needs in the home.