By Christopher Heath, Kung-Chung Liu
This quantity takes a glance on the six most vital present themes bobbing up from copyright legislation within the details society, and for every subject offers an in-depth creation that compares the techniques taken in Europe and the USA. every one subject is brought by means of knowledgeable, and the problems are then analyzed in separate kingdom stories representing 9 Asian jurisdictions: China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines. the themes tested are: the growth of copyright legislations and its social justification; web exchange, electronic works, and parallel imports; the collective workout of copyrights; the legislation on anti-circumvention and electronic rights administration; copyright contracts, public coverage, and antitrust; and contributory and vicarious legal responsibility for copyright infringement.
Read or Download Copyright Law And the Information Society in Asia (Iic Studies) PDF
Best intellectual property books
Exam of 7 well-known trials, each one concluding with an evaluate of the trial by way of a attorney, pass judgement on, legislation professor, or verbal exchange student. The Washington publish assurance of the toilet Hinckley case previous the trial demonstrates the results media can have on a tribulation. The Haymarket insurrection trial serves as an instance of beginning statements in a storytelling shape.
Figuring out highbrow estate, safeguarding your ideasIntellectual estate is continually in danger, and the safety of chemical technological know-how and know-how during the patenting approach permits members and corporations to guard their labor. yet so as to really be capable of safeguard your rules, you must comprehend the fundamentals of patenting for your self.
A realistic method of company IP operations and implementationIntellectual estate Operations and Implementation is helping executives, lawyers, accountants, managers, and proprietors, comprehend the felony, technological, fiscal, and cultural adjustments that experience affected company IP possession and administration.
- Liability Rules in Patent Law: A Legal and Economic Analysis (Munich Studies on Innovation and Competition)
- Patent Engineering: A Guide to Building a Valuable Patent Portfolio and Controlling the Marketplace
- Parallel Trade in Europe: Intellectual Property, Competition and Regulatory Law
- The Law and Economics of Intellectual Property in the Digital Age: The Limits of Analysis (Routledge Research in Intellectual Property)
- The Inventor's Notebook: A Patent It Yourself Companion 4th Edition, 4th Edition
- Copyright and Popular Media: Liberal Villains and Technological Change
Extra resources for Copyright Law And the Information Society in Asia (Iic Studies)
76. 35 WCT, Art. 10 and 14. 36 Charles Clark, “The Answer to the Machine is in the Machine”, in The Future of Copyright in a Digital Environment (The Hague: Kluwer Law International, 1996, P. ) at 139–146. 37 WCT, Art. 11; WPPT, Art. 18. 38 Article 11 of the WCT provides: “Contracting Parties shall provide adequate legal protection and effective legal remedies against the circumvention of effective technological measures that are used by authors in connection with the exercise of their rights under this Treaty or the Berne Convention and that restrict acts, in respect of their works, which are not authorized by the authors concerned or permitted by law”.
50 argued that, notwithstanding the protection afforded by the anti-circumvention law, the copyright holder’s monopoly is still subject to antitrust law or the copyright misuse doctrine51. A recent report also noted that “there will be nothing to prevent competition law operating if [technological measures] are used in an anticompetitive way”52. 47 There are currently 6 global region codes that identify specific DVDs that are compatible with the players typically sold in that region. ) encoded DVD.
Html. -Chile Free Trade Agreement (hereinafter “Chile 10 Reto M. Hilty concluded FTAs have wholly integrated the DMCA-type anti-circumvention provisions. In particular, the DMCA-type anti-trafficking ban has also been incorporated into these FTAs45. III. Problems and Critiques At first glance, the recent overhaul of copyright law both at the international and national levels, as shown in the this Chapter, seems to be entirely reasonable since the law must become fully responsive to the right holders’ vulnerability to an exponentially increasing number of possible infringing acts.