By Mehdi Dehbashi, Görschwin Fey
This e-book describes computerized debugging techniques for the insects and the faults which seem in numerous abstraction degrees of a method. The authors hire a transaction-based debug method of platforms on the transaction-level, saying the proper relation of transactions. the automatic debug technique for layout insects unearths the capability fault applicants at RTL and gate-level of a circuit. Debug options for common sense insects and synchronization insects are verified, permitting readers to localize the main tricky insects. Debug automation for electric faults (delay faults)finds the doubtless failing speedpaths in a circuit at gate-level. a number of the debug ways defined in attaining excessive prognosis accuracy and decrease the debugging time, shortening the IC improvement cycle and lengthening the productiveness of designers.
- Describes a unified framework for debug automation used at either pre-silicon and post-silicon stages;
- Provides techniques for debug automation of a method at assorted degrees of abstraction, i.e., chip, gate-level, RTL and transaction level;
- Includes suggestions for debug automation of layout insects and electric faults, in addition to an infrastructure to debug NoC-based multiprocessor SoCs.
Read or Download Debug Automation from Pre-Silicon to Post-Silicon PDF
Similar design & architecture books
A entire, code-intensive consultant to development commercial-quality peer-to-peer functions with JXTA and Java millions of individuals use peer-to-peer (P2P) purposes akin to KaZaA, AOL rapid Messenger, and allotted. web. those functions harness the idle CPU cycles in their host pcs to supply huge, immense databases of knowledge, construct strong processing engines, and allow conversation and file-sharing between clients worldwide.
Community structure and layout takes readers via each part of a brand new venture from patron conferences, web site surveys, info assortment and interpretation, documentation to truly designing and enforcing the community in keeping with spec. The dialogue includes:An assessment of LAN and WAN topologiesCoverage of NOS (Novell working System)Integration of the customer working process (this 50% of community structure is frequently neglected in comparable titles)ProtocolsConnectivity DevicesImplementing distant AccessSecurityInternet connectivityNetwork MonitoringIn addition, the writer has ready a pattern of buyer documentation, a thesaurus of phrases and a bother capturing fast reference advisor.
A revised printing for this ebook can be to be had in June 2007! what is New within the 3rd version, Revised Printing an identical nice booklet will get higher! The revised printing good points the entire unique content material in addition to those extra features:. Appendix A (Assemblers, Linkers, and the SPIM Simulator) has been moved from the CD-ROM into the published publication.
J iirgen N ehmer Load distribution is an important inspiration for allotted platforms on the way to in achieving larger functionality, source usage and reaction occasions. offering effi cient mechanisms for the obvious help of load distribution has confirmed to be a really tricky project.
- Embedded Systems Dictionary , 1st Edition
- Social Engineering Penetration Testing: Executing Social Engineering Pen Tests, Assessments and Defense
- Distributed Infrastructure Support for Electronic Commerce Applications (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Building Applications on Mesos: Leveraging Resilient, Scalable, and Distributed Systems
Extra info for Debug Automation from Pre-Silicon to Post-Silicon
The gates along the sensitized paths are the potential places on which the fault may be located. When there are multiple counterexamples and in each counterexample all faults are sensitized, the sensitized paths of counterexamples have common gates which define their intersection. Because the sensitized paths are derived from the faulty components. In this case, the gates on the intersected sensitized paths are potential components of fault candidates which propagate the error through different paths.
C) Sequential debugging stimuli create the erroneous output value. In the example of Fig. 5c, the length of counterexamples is two time steps. The correction block is added as in the combinational case and usually the same abnormal predicate is used for the same gate in all time steps and for all counterexamples. The set of the states of the circuit (flipflops) is denoted by S . An index is used to show the time step of the states. The case in which one component in the circuit is faulty is called single fault.
12. First the algorithm searches for the paths including a minimum number of Xs on the fault candidates (lines 10–15). When the convergence of L and the number of fault candidates is reached, the first step of LMBA is finished. Thus, the second step of LMBA starts. Now, the local branches of all fault candidates are activated (line 19–23) and the new counterexamples are collected (line 22). If there is at least one new counterexample, then SAT-based debugging is executed. After that the LMBA algorithm finishes.