By Herbert H. & Nomikos, Spyros Thompson
"Hack-Along" with the Heroes and Villains of the MezonicAgenda because the American Presidency hangs within the stability of cyber-space... In six days Hugh Davis will testify earlier than Congress at the safeguard, balance, and protection of recommendation software program Inc.'s e-vote software program. he's a world-renowned specialist on software program safety, and his testimony will make certain if the software program could be carried out to be used throughout the 2004 usa Presidential Elections. After his speech at an RSA convention in Amsterdam, he's passed a cryptic CD with details at the software program from infamous hacker, Baff Lexicon. Unbeknownst to Davis, suggestion software program has been monitoring his each circulation because the inception in their software program assessment. A string of murders together with Baff and the CFO of the Mezonic company (a video card producer in Macau, China) intensifies Davis' have to crack the CD and work out its secrets and techniques ahead of his testimony. He and his pal shape the FBI needs to use their wisdom of buffer overflows, layout string vulnerabilities and zero-day exploits to penetrate actual and cyber defenses, eventually uncovering Advice's plot to mend the USA presidential elections. suggestion Software's CEO takes the sport one step extra by means of protecting Davis' family members as leverage for his testimony. what's the software's mystery? Will Davis discover prior to his testimony? What are the causes that force suggestion Software's CEO and what's his connection to a mystery society destined to avenge the 11th of September assaults opposed to the US?"
Read Online or Download The Mezonic Agenda: Hacking the Presidency PDF
Best security books
A One-Stop Reference Containing the main learn themes within the Syngress protection Library
This Syngress Anthology is helping You guard your online business from Tomorrow's Threats Today
This is definitely the right reference for any IT specialist chargeable for keeping their firm from the following new release of IT defense threats. This anthology represents the "best of" this year's most sensible Syngress safety books at the Human, Malware, VoIP, gadget motive force, RFID, Phishing, and unsolicited mail threats more likely to be unleashed within the close to destiny. .
* From functional VoIP safeguard, Thomas Porter, Ph. D. and Director of IT defense for the FIFA 2006 global Cup, writes on threats to VoIP communications platforms and makes tips on VoIP security.
* From Phishing uncovered, Lance James, leader know-how Officer of safe technology company, provides the most recent details on phishing and spam.
* From battling spy ware within the firm, Brian Baskin, teacher for the yearly division of safeguard Cyber Crime convention, writes on forensic detection and elimination of spyware.
* additionally from battling spy ware within the firm, approximately. com's safeguard specialist Tony Bradley covers the transformation of spyware.
* From contained in the junk mail Cartel, Spammer-X exhibits how unsolicited mail is created and why it really works so well.
* From Securing IM and P2P functions for the firm, Paul Piccard, former supervisor of web defense Systems' worldwide chance Operations heart, covers Skype security.
* additionally from Securing IM and P2P purposes for the company, Craig Edwards, author of the IRC safety software program IRC Defender, discusses worldwide IRC security.
* From RFID safety, Brad "Renderman" Haines, probably the most noticeable individuals of the wardriving neighborhood, covers tag encoding and tag program attacks.
* additionally from RFID safeguard, Frank Thornton, proprietor of Blackthorn structures and a professional in instant networks, discusses administration of RFID security.
* From Hack the Stack, protection professional Michael Gregg covers attacking the folks layer.
* Bonus assurance contains particular fabric on equipment motive force assaults via Dave Maynor, Senior Researcher at SecureWorks.
* The "best of" this yr: Human, Malware, VoIP, machine motive force, RFID, Phishing, and unsolicited mail threats
* whole insurance of forensic detection and removing of spy ware, the transformation of spy ware, international IRC safeguard, and more
* Covers safe enterprise-wide deployment of most well liked applied sciences together with Voice Over IP, Pocket computers, shrewdpermanent telephones, and extra
At a time while many observers query the EU’s skill to accomplish integration of any value, and certainly Europeans themselves seem dissatisfied, Mai’a ok. Davis go argues that the ecu has made impressive advances in protection integration, in either its exterior and inner dimensions. additionally, inner safety integration—such as facing terrorism, immigration, cross-border crime, and drug and human trafficking—has made even higher growth with dismantling yes boundaries that in the past stood on the center of conventional country sovereignty.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the 1st overseas convention on safety features in details know-how, High-Performance Computing and Networking held in Haldia, India, in October 2011. The 14 complete papers awarded including the abstracts of two invited lectures have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 112 sumbissions.
The eu Union is consistently altering, either within the variety of nations it embraces and in coverage parts the place it performs an enormous function. the recent millennium has witnessed significant alterations within the EU's scope. On 1 may well 2004, it enlarged to incorporate ten new member states; and the recent ecu structure defines offering electorate with an 'area of freedom, safety and justice' as one among its fundamental goals.
- Advances in Network and Distributed Systems Security: IFIP TC11 WG11.4 First Annual Working Conference on Network Security November 26–27, 2001, Leuven, Belgium
- CCNP Security Firewall 642-617 Quick Ref.
- EISS Yearbook 1980–1981 Part II / Annuaire EISS 1980–1981 Partie II: The social security and the economic crisis Proceedings of the European Institute for Social Security / La sécurité sociale et la crise économique Travaux de l’Institut Européen de Sécur
- Security for Small Computer Systems: A Practical Guide for Users
- The Rise and Fall of Intelligence: An International Security History
- Security Technology: International Conference, SecTech 2009, Held as Part of the Future Generation Information Technology Conference, FGIT 2009, Jeju Island, Korea, December 10-12, 2009. Proceedings
Additional info for The Mezonic Agenda: Hacking the Presidency
The goal was to see how society was adopting wireless technologies, including the setting up of wireless Internet access networks within the home or business. At the time, access points—the small devices that serve as a base station for the wireless connections—had fallen so much in price that it had become cheaper for many homes to distribute Internet access wirelessly across multiple rooms rather than run wires. He knew that most home users would buy just the access point, hook it up to their cable or DSL modem, turn on their laptop with a wireless card, and hope to God that it connected.
This guy will never know who was in the room. qxd 8/18/04 9:07 AM Page 33 “It’s about to start, I’ll walk you there so you don’t get lost,” Mike replied. Dammit!!! The two men walked silently to the Salon B conference room. On a stand near the door Davis saw a printed poster board with the title of his captor’s talk: Recent Advances in Authentication Techniques Presented by: Mike Snell Davis took an aisle seat near the back of the room to facilitate an easy escape. “Let me know if I go too fast for you,” Mike said in what he perceived as a sincere tone, but came off as arrogant and patronizing.
Many web developers don’t bother to strip user data of any characters that might allow a user to alter SQL commands. Davis had consistently resisted the temptation to run unsolicited “tests” on web sites for these types of problems. Snell had thrown down the gauntlet, though, and Davis knew he deserved what was about to be done to him. qxd 8/18/04 9:07 AM Page 39 Davis’s first move was to put in some SQL commands that were likely to screw up a query that might take place on the server. His first attempt was a Login name of ' and Not very creative, but if Snell wasn’t checking the data, it should result in an error screen equivalent to an open electronic invitation to completely control that server.